Sunday, December 31, 2017

Time, What Is It, Really?




I thought I should write something, a sort of token end-of-the-year thingy, but not a chart, even though I like them and find them useful. I haven’t compiled one myself on this blog for over a year, I think, so this post will compensate for that a little. I’ll resume charts at the end of next month, but won’t be anything like as obsessive as MonsieurCedric (Serie Limitee), who wins the prize for the most unnecessary evacuations on Juno this year.

This morning I was perusing my Facebook feed and was taken aback by a post that I’d made on this day last year, commenting on a track from ‘The Conversation’ by CabaretVoltaire (Richard H. Kirk), and saying how it was an album I’d been in the process of rediscovering. Well, I’ve been listening to that record on and off for most of the year, but to have started doing so in 2016 came as a massive surprise. Never one to go in for resolutions me, and have been much better at taking the initiative of late. However, there’s so much I still want to do.


Finally, to take us into the New Year I did another mix. Mixes and blogs are a law unto themselves, but I think most would agree that they exist in some sort of hermetically sealed environment. Me, I’m more than happy to use them as a tangible justification for getting something done. There are few things that make me happier than completing a mix which goes to plan, or posting some words that I’ve articulated in a good way. The more people that listen and read the better, but to finish the task in hand is good enough for me. The posting of mixes is always an interesting one. Is there an optimum time to put it out there? Well, on the basis of the last two, a midweek afternoon is miles better than a Saturday evening. I posted one just before Christmas and had ten plays in a matter of hours, the one I posted last night has been up for over twelve hours and has yet to get one.

No comments: