Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Emblematic Ruin - Verge (Avian)


Title: Emblematic Ruin
Artist: Verge
Label: Avian
Cat Number: AVN029
Genre: Techno

1: Conduit
2: Thorri
3: Effigy
4: Transient
5: Deluge
6: Spleen
7: Hinterland
8: Suspension

The difference between what passes for ambient and noise is, amongst other things, tonal, as well as cerebral. I suppose it all depends what mood the listener is in. The industrialized overtones which cascade out of the speakers in response to this engagement offer little solace to me, however. If I’ve got to the point when I say “if I’ve heard one noise album, I’ve heard them all”, then it’s now. Love the sounds and their various mutations, but there is only so much to be done within this relatively narrow genre, and there’s very little here to broaden it.


No comments: