Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Helden Platz - Kirlian Camera (Dark Entries)




Title: Helden Platz
Artist: Kirlian Camera
Label: Dark Entries
Cat Number: DE143
Genre: Cold Wave

1: Helden Platz
2: Helden Platz (7” version)
3: Burial

Striking the right balance between solemnity and dynamism, this takes me back to a time of dodgy haircuts, the cold war and unemployment, even if it was released in 1987 and I experienced those things in their purest forms a few years earlier. It is a strain of music that I’ve always had a soft spot for, but would have had to have been an eighties techno goth to fully appreciate. The throbbing bass, the echoing drums, the mournful vocals and the transistor spoken word. It’s all here and as fresh as ever. I'm just off for a walk through snowy Vienna. I might be some time.


No comments: