Monday, May 02, 2016

Discogs Diary: 6













“The Days Run Away Like Wild Horses Over The Hills” so said Charles Bukowski while he was deep in the bowels of vinyl filing. For time has little meaning here and one’s life is completely taken over. I have barely scratched the surface of my collection so will be here for a long time yet. However, I’m hardly compulsive at this stage, taking my chance to register possession of the items in question randomly at best. When I first started out I predicted that it would take me a couple of months to put everything on line. Now I’ll be happy if I’ve got it done by the end of the year; with the possible caveat of alpabeticising my entire collection as well.

The last couple of sessions have been largely taken up with Californian turn-of-the-century tribal house. The type which was hammered down at Wiggle and which was best appreciated in the constant company of the little fellas. Great on the dance floor but anonymous elsewhere, save for a few which stand out. Siesta was one of those labels, but it’s stalwart artists like Onionz and Joeski barely register any interest nowadays. DJ Buck’s ‘Make It Hot’ seems to be the most sought after on the label, closely followed by Halo’s ‘Future’. The Inland Knights release also seems to be going for more than thirty pence, which is as much as a lot of collectors think most releases on this label are generally worth, regardless of condition.

So, in spite of providing many quintessential hedonistic dance floor moments, this stuff doesn’t seem to have been the best of vinyl investments. It’ll come around again though. The stuff on Jump, another Californian label, is much more valuable, however. It all boils down to the artist rather than the imprint as far as these releases are concerned.  I suppose this post, already being a repeat of the previous Discogs one to a certain extent, is destined to be repeated again and again over the next few months. I still can’t get over how much this is going for though.


































No comments: