Monday, January 15, 2007

Start As You Mean To Go On

Saturday's show was good fun. Jonny Davies, aka Le Jockey, came down and played some new stuff he's been working on. "Gibba Lia" stood out as the best track and it's rumoured to be coming out on Clever Music. He also played a few tracks that have been kind to him over the last year or two. Ed of Badger Attack dropped by to say hello accompanied by a couple of friends, and the whole thing went off very well. I've still got to upload that recording from last week's Horseplay party, but I'm not sure if I possess the technology. Why can't everything fall nicely into place without me having to worry about it?

Halfway through the last book of Murakami short stories
"Blind Willow Sleeping Woman." Much better than I thought it would be. I didn't read "Kafka By The Shore" but after gorging myself on him three or four years ago I thought the novelty had worn off. Obviously there's a time and place for these things, and I'm really enjoying this latest collection of short stories. Can't wait to finish so I can finally get around to "In Pursuit of the Millenium . . . "


Machines Playlist: 12/7/07

Shari Vari - A Number of Names (Puzzle Box)
The Creator (12" edit) - Cobblestone Jazz (It Is What It Is)
Jam On It (Claude Von Stroke and Galen's Disco Kryptonite mix) - Newcleus (Deeplay Soultec)
Horsenation Amended - Heartthrob vs Troy Pierce (Minus)
I'm the Red - Le Jockey (CDR)
Trauermusik (Alter Ego mix) - Partial Arts (Speicher)
Save Your Saviour (album edit) - Octogen (Soma)
Hotfork Buffet - Mark Henning (Einmaleins)
Gibba Lia - Le Jockey (CDR)
Bounce It - Reynold (Morris Audio)
Hankofloppe - Wighonomy Brothers (Freude am Tanzen)
Say So - Ryan Crosson (Trapez Ltd)
Just Like That (Alex Under mix) - Random Play (Puzzle Trax)
Walk - Hemmann & Kaden (Milnor Modern)
untitled - Le Jockey (CDR)
Zu Fun - Extrawelt (Border Community)
Where is Didier Lambing? - Sarah Goldfarb (Triebstoff)
We Like Moroder (Divider remix) - Jupiter Black (Clone)

No comments: